A day filled to the brim with talks and workshops for primary teachers, both experienced and new, primary science leaders and/or outdoor learning leaders on key topics:
- retrieval practice
- an evidence-informed effective teaching and learning strategy
- taking the science curriculum outdoors, empowering change and reconnecting with nature
- the importance and wildlife of our chalk streams and rivers- and more!
We will be welcoming the following guest speakers to share their expertise with you…
- Kate Jones – teacher, leader, author, blogger, keynote speaker, podcaster and explorer who is hugely successful in connecting relevant research in retrieval practice to how it can be embedded in the primary classroom.
- Mary Jackson – Head of Education and Communities at Learning Through Landscapes who works with her team to deliver innovative projects that give young people not only a voice but also the skills and knowledge to make a difference through and in the environment of their school grounds.
- Amy Ellis – Senior Education and Engagement Officer, and Ross Irving – River Educator at Wessex Rivers Trust who promote high quality environmental education and are passionate about empowering young people to understand, respect and sustain precious places such as the chalk streams.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Hampshire FestivalPrice: Sub £150 / SLA £40 / Full £180