Becoming a leader of a science department is a huge
challenge. From the intense interview process, to managing a large team,
dealing with difficult conversations, curriculum development, working with the
senior leadership team and much more. If you are a current second in science or
an experienced teacher with ambitions to become a Science Leader, then this
course will prepare you for the demands of the role. This course is also
suitable for newly appointed Heads of Science.
- Develop an oversight of the broad responsibilities involved in leading a science department
- Experience of the interview process and questions for a Science Leadership role.
- Meet a range of experienced Heads of Science across Hampshire and visit their departments.
- Attend a Heads of Science Network meeting
- Develop an understanding of how to organise and run effective department meetings.
- Acquire skills in handling challenging conversations with teachers and supporting and developing colleagues.
- Developing consistent outstanding teaching and learning in your team
- Learn how to promote and establish your vision for your science department
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Science Leadership
Price: Sub £610 / SLA £475 / Full £732 invoiced over two financial years:
22-23 - Part 1: Sub: £366, SLA: £285, Full: £440
23-24- Part 2: Sub: £244, SLA: £190, Full: £292