This is an exciting and demanding time for Heads of Science. The past two years have left teachers and children in our schools facing additional challenges. This is why it is vital we get our curriculum and teaching right so that we can overcome this learning deficit and make sure all children make excellent progress in science.
With a new team at HIAS science, we are ready to support you in responding to these issues and developing the teaching of science across Hampshire.
of the areas we are looking to address within this network are:
Moving towards research informed practice in your department
- Clarifying and sharing powerful knowledge for clear learning intentions
- Diagnosis of Year 11 and how to prepare for Summer 2022 exams
- Planning and teaching so children remember knowledge.
- Formative assessment and the difference between assessing performance vs learning.
- Ensuring practical work at all levels has a clearly defined knowledge-based purpose
The Subject Leader Network provides a forum where such strategic questions are explored, and solutions developed and shared.
The network is 2 x 1.5 hour virtual sessions.
Search and book on the learning zone using keywords: Autumn science secondary
Price: Sub £60 / SLA £50 / Full £72